Honkai: Star Rail Bonus Attacks are unique non-random combat moves that cost no turns and require follow certain rules. To use such techniques, the direct participation of the player is not required, and the conditions of the abilities are spelled out in the talents of the heroes. For some characters, the bonus attack is queued for actions, while for others it is triggered after taking damage to yourself or allies. In this guide, we will analyze the system of bonus attacks in the game, using their characters, as well as weapons and game modes that buff damage caused by mechanics.
Bonus attack: how it works
Regardless of the character, the nuances of performing his bonus attack are written in the description of the Talent: if the hero has a technique, then this will be underlined in the text of the skill.
If you have any doubts about whether a particular skill is a bonus attack, go to the character menu, select the “Abilities” item and study the details of the Talent. In the “Traces” section, the desired skill is located above the ultimate icon in the center of the ability tree.
Additional moves can be classified into two types: bonus attack and counterattack. The latter works under certain conditions on the principle of “retaliation” on the damage that the enemy inflicts on the hero or allied member of the squad.
To use the mechanics, you need to do the following:
- Select to a character's squad with a bonus attack embedded in the talent.
- Make sure that the rules for activating the move are met.
- Watch a character use an ability out of turn order or without spending action points.
< p>Please note: if the activation condition is met, the bonus attack is carried out regardless of who moves – an ally or an enemy. At the same time, the hero does not push back his action in the queue, and the reception does not count as a turn (if we take into account the cycles in the trials of the Hall of Oblivion).
Achievements for bonus attacks
Playing as heroes with bonus attacks, you can get 3 achievements from the Battlelust section:
- Shooting like Mozambique (defeat 3 enemies with bonus attacks in one battle).
- Bonus attack winner I (defeat 80 enemies with bonus attacks).
- Bonus Attack Winner II (Defeat 240 enemies using bonus attacks).
Total reward for all three achievements: 15 Star Jade. Next, let's look at the characters that will help you get a valuable reward.
Heroes with a bonus attack
Let's look at heroes with bonus attacks:
- March 7 – performs a counterattack with ice damage equal to 50-125% of her ATK, which is triggered if an enemy attacks a party member that Mart has shielded (including herself). The number of uses cannot exceed 2 responses at a time.
- Herta – Activates when enemies reach 50% or less health, dealing Frost damage equal to 25-43% of her base.
- Himeko – When an allied team member breaks through an enemy's vulnerability, Himeko gains 1 Talent Charge. After accumulating 3 Charges, when an ally attacks, Himeko out of turn deals fire damage equal to 70-175% of her ATK, and the accumulated Charges are canceled.
- Clara – after damaging Clara, Svarog marks the attackers with a special mark and performs a physical counterattack. damage of 80-200% of the heroine's attack power.
- Jing Yuan – at the beginning of the battle, summons the Lord of Lightning with a base speed of 60 units, which, when making an attack, inflicts 3 hits with an electro element to a random enemy, each of which is equal to 33-82.5% of the hero's attack power. Nearby targets also receive 25% of the primary target's electrical damage.
- Yanqing – during Empathic Link (appears for 1 turn from the use of the Skill) and after attacking one of the enemies, the hero has a 50% chance to perform an ice bonus attack at 25-62.5% of his base damage.
- Qingque – appears after opening the 4th Eidolon “Lucky Combination, Last Die”: when using a skill, Qingque has a 24% chance to gain Independence until the end of the turn, and with it, when performing a normal or enhanced basic attack, performs a bonus quantum damage attack. The bonus attack's damage is equal to 100% of the previous action's damage.
If the damage % indicator is not fixed, it can be increased along with the leveling of the characters' talent.
You can also increase the damage from bonus attacks due to light cones, as well as by choosing the Resonance Path of Joy in the Virtual Universe – we will consider both methods below.
Light cones for bonus attacks
The following light cones have bonuses in their stats that buff additional moves:
- “Before Order” (5★) – increases the damage of the bonus attack by 48-80% due to the obtaining of a special status Sleeping body, applied to the equipped hero after activating the E-shki or ult. (4★) – Grants an overall bonus attack damage increase of 24-48% and an additional increase of 24-48% if the enemy's health is less than or equal to 50%.
Please note that both light cones are related to the Path of Erudite and will only be useful to varying degrees for the following characters: Gert, Himeko, Jing Yuan and Qing Que.
Virtual Universe: buff bonus attacks
Among the available Resonances in the Virtual Universe, the Path of Joy specializes in developing and strengthening the mechanics of bonus attacks. With the right squad selection and with the benefits of this Path, the player can get valuable features for combat, whether it be increasing damage, protecting the current pack, or even healing the squad due to bonus and counterattacks.