In Genshin Impact, primordial obelisks are special objects that, when activated, allow you to get precious chests. If you find all the monoliths and restart them, you will unlock the “Excellently Trained Archaeologist” secret trophy. In this guide, we'll show you where to find these buildings and how to enable them.
Don't miss the best Black Friday deals!
How to activate Primordial Obelisks
To restart this object, you need to place 6 tablets of certain types in it. If you approach a disabled monolith, you can use the “Show Tablet Locations” option to display the location of nearby ancient slabs on the map. However, we recommend that you simply follow our guide to collecting all 60 stone tablets.
If you already have all the necessary items, then select the “Restore” option and install the necessary tablets in the obelisk. Immediately after that, a chest should appear next to the pillar.
We strongly recommend that you complete a number of world quests before starting to search for these buildings, namely:
- Quest Golden Dreamland chain
- Ancient language, new knowledge quest chain
This will allow you to unlock certain locations where some Primordial Obelisks are hidden, and increase the level of your Red Sands Slab, which will allow you to interact with all plinths (blue console books).
Where to find all Primordial Obelisks
The map above shows the approximate location of all ten obelisks. Below we will detail how to get to them, indicating the best routes, and list the tablets needed to unlock them.
Primal Obelisk 1
- Location: Haj Nisut
- Required tablet types: Vale x2, Thunderclap x1, Ruler's Authority x1, Crocodile Head x1 and Ritual x1
the bottom of the gorge. Soon ahead, you will see the outline of a monolith set in ruins. Approach it and restore it.
Primal obelisk 2
- Location: Between Abju Pit and Dar al-Shifa
- Tablets required: Vale x2, Bird's Head x1, Ruler's Authority x1, Sheep's Head x1 and Giant Serpent x1
Travel to the teleporter in Abju's Pit and enter the ruins through the large triangular entrance. Keep running forward, and then turn right and left, climbing the stairs. Pass by the fire traps and soon you will find yourself in a room with two statues of jackals.
Turn right here and use the elevator to go down. Walk along the corridor, and in the room with the candlestick, turn right and call the elevator – take it to the upper level.
Once at the top, go right, activate the third lift and go down. Climb the steps to the very end without turning anywhere, and call the fourth elevator. Climb it up and go to the right passage. Run down the corridor until you reach a room with a monolith.
Primal obelisk 3
- Location: Dahri Valley (West)
- Required types of tablets: Valley x2, Thunderclap x1, Ruler's Authority x1, Crocodile Head x1 and Dune x1
Get to the place shown in the screenshots below. There you will find a cube and a huge gate. You can find out the password to enter as part of the Hidden Mercenaries task. However, it does not seem necessary to start this mission to figure out the code.
After opening the gate, go inside and run forward through the tunnel until you reach a fork. Turn right into the triangular passage. You will find yourself in the treasury of the hermits, in the center of which there will be an obelisk.
Primal Obelisk 4
- Location: Hemenu Temple (southwest)
- Required types of tablets: Valley x1, Raised Hand x1, Sunrise x1, Thunderclap x2 and Dune x1
It is on the surface, so just go to the point shown in the screenshots below and activate the monolith.
Primal Obelisk 5
- Location: Feast Dune (southwest)
- Required types of tablets: Valley x2, Thunderclap x2, Bird's Head x1 and Mallet x1
It is also located on the surface, so move to the indicated place and interact with the obelisk. The easiest way to get here is from the Garden of Endless Pillars dungeon – teleport to it, then run southeast and climb the ruins.
Primal obelisk 6
- Location: Tomb of King Deshret (South)
- Tablets required: Vale x2, Thunderclap x1, Raised Hand x1, Ritual x1 and Labor x1
Teleport to the Magma Dune and go inside. In the room with two primordial torches, go forward and jump down the hole. Once down, go down even lower through the second hole. After descending, enter the cave and turn left at the fork.
You will find yourself in a spacious area where you can activate the teleport on the left (if you have not already done so). Walk forward and enter the triangular entrance. Right at the foot of the statue you will find the monument you need.
Primal Obelisk 7
- Location: Tomb of King Deshret (East)
- Required types of tablets: Valley x2, Raised Hand x1, Forest x1, Sheep's Head x1 and Giant Serpent x1
Travel to the teleport west of the Hemenu Temple and enter the triangular passage ahead. In the room with two statues of jackals, turn into the left passage. In the new hall, turn right and drop down the hole.
After descending, go through the triangular passage on the left, go down the stairs and jump off the dilapidated bridge to the bottom of the cave. Here you will immediately find an obelisk.
Primal Obelisk 8
- Location: Tomb of King Deshret
- Tablets required: Valley x2, Crocodile Head x1, Sheep Head x1, Giant Serpent x1 and Ritual x1
Move to the teleport shown in the pictures below and enter the ruins. Drop down the hole near the two jackal statues. After descending, go forward a little and you will enter a room with a monolith.