In Honkai: Star Rail, reroll is a working way to get a specific 5-star character for free at the very beginning of the game. However, we note right away that this method will take you a lot of time, so think carefully about whether it is worth the effort. In this guide, we will tell you how to reroll heroes and describe the fastest option.
What is gacha and reroll
To begin with, we note that this role-playing game is based on the so-called “Gacha” system, which consists in spinning a roulette wheel in the hope of dropping 5-star heroes or light cones. To spin the Wheel of Fortune, you must first purchase the Star Pass and Special Star Pass jump items with a special currency.
However, HoYoverse decided to support novice players, giving them the opportunity to get legendary fighter as part of the “Starting Jump”. But the probability of dropping cool characters in it is as small as in other banners. This is where reroll comes into play.
The reason is that it allows you to get an almost unlimited number (depending on your patience) of attempts to participate in the corresponding lottery by creating new accounts. However, it is not enough just to register a new profile and enter the game – you will need to perform a series of tedious actions, which we will discuss in more detail below.
Disadvantages of rerolling in Honkai: Star Rail
Chinese developers decided to make this mechanic less profitable in comparison with the same Genshin Impact. You will encounter the following problems when using it:
- Game cutscenes cannot be skipped, which significantly increases the length of the Prologue.
- Pre-registration rewards are highly desirable – without them on reroll will take even longer.
- Pre-registration rewards cannot be used in Event Jumps, only in Standard and Starting Jumps.
- You will need to create multiple email accounts.
- You will need to spend at least 30 to unlock Jumps -40 minutes.
- The probability of knocking out a legendary fighter is only 0.6%.
How to reroll in Honkai: Star Rail
Step by step instructions
First of all, prepare about 10-15 new email addresses. You can choose any service, from Google to Rambler. Next, create a new account, view the opening splash screen, and begin the Prologue.
Note: You can, of course, register using your social media profiles, but it is unlikely that you have enough “left” pages, so we advise you to stick with regular email.
You will need to play first for Kafka and the Silver Wolf. Then choose the gender and name of the main character. Continue through the story until you reach the Main Control Zone of the Hertha space station. Here, chat with Asta and Himeko. After that, you will have access to the Jumps.
You can now spend 20 Star Passes (pre-registration reward) and accumulated Star Jades on Star Jump or Start Jump. We advise you to choose the latter as it may come in handy for you in the future. So, do 20 spins and hope to get the desired result, which is presented in three options:
- Perfect: you can get two 5-star characters that you need at once.
- Excellent: You can get any two 5-star characters.
- Good: You can get one 5-star character you want.
If you get any of the above results, we advise you to stop there and just continue leveling this account. Otherwise, you have two options:
- Register a new account and start over.
- Keep playing the game until you reach Mastery level 15 (this can take you over 2 hours). In this case, you will be able to complete 50 spins in the Starting Jump, guaranteed to get a 5-star character, which may well be the hero you need. Of course, if you fail, you can try your luck again with a reroll.
How to speed up your reroll
Characters with a rarity of 5 stars have a 0.6 percent chance of dropping, and 4 stars have a 5.1 percent chance, so it may take you several attempts to get them (a lot here depends on the randomness). However, we can give you some tips to speed up the initial missions so that you do not have to wait an hour for the opening of the Starting Jump:
- Remember to use the sprint to cover greater distances in less time.
- Ignore minor enemies. Not all the enemies you encounter need to be fought – even if they notice you, just run away from them so that they stop chasing your squad.
- Don't be distracted by chests and collecting materials (by destroying objects) – you can do all this after you get the right characters, as you will be able to visit the Herta space station at any time later.
- If possible, skip dialogues by constantly pressing to “Space”. You won't be able to completely skip the conversations, but you will noticeably speed them up.
Which characters to knock out on reroll
Among 5-star characters, you should aim for the following heroes:
- Armor (Wind, Harmony) is a great buffer that can increase the damage, crits and attack power of allies, as well as move them forward on the haste bar, essentially giving them an extra turn, which will expand your tactical options.
- Baylu (Electric, Abundance) is an excellent healer who can heal both single targets and the entire team as a whole, as well as resurrect allies if they receive mortal wounds.
- Himeko (Fiery, Erudite) – specializes in dealing high damage to multiple targets, which is extremely useful in the early stages of the game and during farming, where you need to fight several waves of ordinary mobs.
- Yanqing (Ice, Hunt) – A good damage dealer with high critical damage and critical strike chance, which makes it easy to create an optimal build. Plus, he can freeze the opponent he fights thanks to his talent. Ideal for killing strong single enemies.
Of course, your main goal will be to get good legendary heroes, but there are also some interesting specimens among epic fighters, namely:
- Tingyun (Electric, Harmony) – she can be considered the best 4-star heroine at the moment, as she is able to pour a huge amount of energy into her allies. Plus, this fox can increase damage to damage dealers, which makes it a useful support for almost any squad.
- Pela (Ice, Oblivion) is a good debuffer and sub-DD that can deal ice damage to opponents outside the battlefield and reduce their protection. Plus, she is able to flood allies with some energy and increase their chance to hit effects.
- Sushan (Physical, Hunt) is a good damage dealer, who, although inferior in terms of attack power and speed to Zele, is still capable of dealing huge physical damage to single targets. In addition, Sushan can increase his speed with a talent and deal considerable damage even to large groups of enemies.
You can read about all the characters in Honkai: Star Rail in our separate guide. It also contains the rating of heroes.
Is it possible to get a ban for a reroll
Rather no than yes, since for this the developers will need to ban you by IP, which they are unlikely to be engaged, since it is almost impossible to keep track of all users. They only slightly complicated the task for the players, not allowing to register several accounts under one e-mail.
In addition, the creation of new profiles is beneficial for the company itself, as it improves their statistics and helps in creating a positive background for attracting investors. However, we still advise you not to get carried away and not try to reroll 20-30 times (if you have the patience for it at all).
I like to play mobile games. Especially, Mobile Legends Bang Bang and COD Mobile. I share my game experience. Sometimes I publish guides and tips from other players. So if you’d like to be published on Gameloid, please contact me.