In Genshin Impact, Shikanoin Heizo is a 4-star Anemo-elemental character that uses a catalyst in combat. In a squad, he can play the role of a main damage dealer or a secondary DPS with an emphasis on support. In this guide, we will tell you about his best builds, weapons and artifacts, as well as recommended commands for him.
Heizo main features
Heizo's Shikanoin stat progression
The table below shows how a character's base stats change as they level up.
|Level||Basic HP||Basic Attack||Basic Defense||Anemo Damage Bonus||Crit Chance Hits||Crit. damage|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shikanoin Heizo
Using his unique abilities, the detective is able to deal massive damage to both single targets and large enemy groups, imposing an Anemo effect on them, which helps in Dispelling other elements. Its advantages should also include:
- Thanks to the catalyst, all his attacks deal Anemo damage, which makes it easier to create elemental reactions.
- A powerful and inexpensive elemental explosion (it only takes 40 energy to use) that hits the area.
- Possesses crowd control – can pull enemies into one spot with the help of his “ulti”.
- Extremely a strong elemental skill that can deal over 700% damage at level 5 at four stacks (stacks).
- Can increase allies' elemental mastery with a passive skill.
- Has an uncommon combat mechanics for the catalyst user.
- Anemo damage bonus increases as you ascend.
However, there were a few drawbacks, which include:
- Small basic attack (19 units) compared to 5-star damage dealers, making it difficult to use as a primary DPS. For comparison, Ayaka has 27 units, while Ayato has 23 units.
- In order to deal maximum damage with an elemental skill, you must first gain 4 levels, which negatively affects DPS (damage per second).
- Despite the use of a catalyst, Heizo is a melee fighter, so he is not good at destroying hovering targets or enemies located on high ground.
- Most of the constellations are aimed at increasing the strength of Shikanoin himself, which makes it difficult to use him as a support.
- The ult explodes on the first hit of an enemy, so requires proper positioning.
- Having to hold an elemental blast makes him vulnerable to attacks, which can interrupt his ability.
- Heizo is an elemental reaction activator, so needs characters that can inflict different statuses while out of the battlefield.
How to get Shikanoin Heizo
At the moment, this can only be done with the help of prayer, using Fateful Encounters, that is, its loss is completely random if the thematic banner is not in effect. If it becomes possible to get it during the event, we will definitely indicate this in this section.
Shikanoin Heizo's abilities
When using the Fudo Fighting Style's normal attack, the hero performs 5 enhanced attacks, charged – makes a swift blow, spending a certain amount of endurance, in the air – falls to the ground, attacking all opponents on the way. All of these attacks deal Anemo damage.
Heart Kill elemental skill, when tapped quickly, performs a powerful fist strike that causes rush wind and dealing damage to Anemo. If you long press, the character performs a stronger attack and inflicts the “Deflect” effect, increasing the damage from the next Heart Kill. This bonus can stack up to four times.
When you reach the 4th level of folding, the effect “Correct opinion” will appear, which will increase the damage and area of effect of Heart Kill more. This ability has a 10 second cooldown.
The elemental explosion “Hurricane Strike” allows the character to fire a Fudo-style Void Projectile at enemies, creating an air trap that attracts objects to itself and inflicts Anemo damage in a certain area. Enemies affected by other elements (Electro, Pyro, Hydro, or Cryo) will be afflicted with Eye of the Hurricane, which explodes after a couple of seconds and deals elemental damage.
In this case, the eye of one element can appear in no more than four mobs. This ability has a 12 second cooldown. To use it, you will have to spend 40 units of energy. This talented detective also has some very useful passive talents:
- Previous Guilt – Reduces the hero's stamina cost by 20% while sprinting. The effect does not stack with similar bonuses from other passives.
- Paradoxical skill – if Heizo is an active fighter and the elemental reaction Dispel occurs, then he automatically receives the 1st level of Deflection. This bonus occurs every 0.1 second.
- Penetrating Argumentation – Hitting an enemy with an elemental skill increases the elemental mastery of all party members, except for Shikanoin, by 80 points. The effect lasts for 10 seconds.
Constellations of Shikanoin Heizo
To open them, you need the character's luck, which is obtained in the event of the hero's clones falling out as part of Prayers, that is, this process is random. Luckily, 4-star characters are easier to unlock constellations, so you might as well unlock a couple. Even C1 can increase the combat potential of the character, however, C6 will bring him the greatest benefit, thanks to which he can deal truly gigantic damage with an elemental skill.
If you're planning on using Heizo as a secondary DPS/Support, then we advise you to take a closer look at C2 and C4, which amplify the explosion of the elements and allow you to use it much more often. All constellations are listed below:
- Young Investigator's Activity Log – The character's normal strike speed is increased by 15% for 5 seconds after entering combat. He also immediately gains Deviation level 1. Bonus occurs every 10 seconds.
- Investigation Compilation – Elemental Burst lasts 1 second and pulls objects with more force.
- Book of Mysterious Riddles – Elemental skill level increased by three. Max level: 15th.
- Collection of idle talk – after the explosion of the Eye of the hurricane, created by the “ult”, the character restores 9 units of energy to himself. Subsequent explosions regenerate 1.5 units of energy from him. As a result, one “ult” can restore the hero up to 13.5 energy.
- Forbidden Hall Archive – the level of the explosion of the elements increases by three. Max level: 15th.
- Inventory of Strange Evidence – New levels of Deflection increase the chance of landing a critical strike when using an elemental skill by 4%. Having the right opinion increases the chance by 32%.
How to play Shikanoin Heizo
His basic attack is relatively low, like Xiang Ling and Bei Dou, but, fortunately, as he ascends, his Anemo damage bonus increases, which is extremely important, given that all his attacks deal this type of damage.
If we talk about the role of the detective in the team, then, given all the above features, he can well serve as a kind of hybrid from the main and secondary DPS. His normal and charged attacks are not very strong, but his elemental skill and elemental burst have significant combat potential.
At the same time, you will most likely inflict the main damage to enemies with the elemental skill of Heizo. When you hold the skill button, Deflection levels begin to accumulate, and at the 4th the “Correct opinion” effect appears, which already at the 5th level of the talent allows you to deal more than 700% damage, which is a huge indicator for a 4-star character.
To gain new levels of effect, you do not need to constantly hold the skill. It should also be remembered that when the Dispel reaction occurs, the character automatically receives 1st Deflection, and his passive increases the elemental mastery of other members of the squad. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you regularly change it to other characters, even if Shikanoin plays the role of your main damage dealer.
Don't forget to use Elemental Explosion right on cooldown as well, as it requires little energy and still allows you to deal a lot of damage. If you're planning on using Heizo as a secondary DPS/Support, then focus on your “Ultimate”.
Best Shikanoin Heizo Builds
For Heizo, it is difficult to choose one best catalyst, since the usefulness of a weapon will largely depend on what kind of characteristics you need at a given time. Builds on the main damage will be important attack power; Critical Hit Chance and Critical Damage will be most effective if you can balance them with your Artifact sets. Elemental Mastery will suit those who are going to use a detective as a support with a focus on Dispel.
In the table below, we will indicate some of the most interesting options for different builds.
|Name and rarity||Stats (level 1-90)||Passive|
Prayer to the Holy Winds (5 stars)
Critical Hit Chance: 7.2%-33.1%
Basic attack: 46-608
|Increases the character's movement speed by 10%. During combat, gains 8% bonus to elemental damage every 4 seconds. The effect stacks up to four times and disappears if the hero dies or leaves. Great choice for Heizo as a main damage dealer as it greatly increases his Anemo damage.|
< img class="aligncenter" src="/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/sikanoin-hejdzo-v-genshin-impact-gajd-na-luchshie-bildy-3d5ebcd.jpg" alt="Sikanoin Heizo in Genshin Impact : Best Build Guide" />
Kagura Truth (5 Stars)
Crit Damage: 14.4 %-66.2%
Basic attack: 46-608
|Increases elemental skill damage by 12% when used. The effect lasts 16 seconds and stacks up to 3 times. At level 3, all elemental damage is increased by 12%. Great choice for a 6th Constellation main damage dealer with a high crit chance. hit.|
Tulaythulla's Memories (5 Stars)
Crit Damage: 9, 6%-44.1%
Basic attack: 48-674
|Increases normal attack speed by 10%–20%. When the weapon wielder activates an elemental skill, normal attack damage will increase by 4.8%-9.6% for 14 seconds. At the same time, hitting an enemy increases damage by an additional 9.6%-19.2% every 0.3 seconds. The maximum damage increase is 48%-96%. The effect is reset when the active hero is changed or the elemental skill is used again. Good weapon for Heizo, especially with C6. However, you'll have to use Detective more often with it on the battlefield, otherwise the Catalyst passive won't do much good.|
Sky Atlas (5 Stars)
Attack Power: 7.2%-33.1%
Basic Attack: 48-674
|Increases elemental damage by 12%. When using normal strikes, there is a 50% chance to gain the Blessing of the Clouds, which attacks nearby enemies for 15 seconds. The effect can appear once every half a minute. Another good option for basic DPS. True, you will have to use your normal attacks more often, and critical damage and crit chance. hit boost artifacts.|
Wanderer's Song (4 stars)
Crit. damage: 12%-55.1%
Basic attack: 42-510
|Switching to a Hero plays a random theme song for 10 seconds that increases Attack Power by 60%, Elemental Damage by 48%, or Elemental Mastery by 240. The effect appears once every half a minute. Not a bad option, as all of its bonuses work well with any character build. Plus, his critical damage is greatly increased.|
Solar Pearl (4 stars)
Critical Hit Chance: 6%-27.6%
Basic Attack: 42-510
|When hit by normal hits, damage from elemental abilities is increased by 20% for 6 seconds, conversely, hits from elemental skills increase damage from simple attacks by 20% for 6 seconds . Not bad increases damage and crit chance, but for its maximum disclosure you need to constantly use regular attacks, so it will only suit the main damageer.|
Skill Elemental: 24-110
Basic Attack: 44-565
|After an elemental reaction occurs, elemental damage is increased by 8% for 10 seconds. The effect stacks up to two times. A good free catalyst (can be crafted) for both primary and secondary DPS, because Heizo's main task is to create the Dispel reaction.|
Ceremonial Memoir (4 stars)
Elemental Mastery: 48-221
Basic Attack: 41-454
|Successful hits with an elemental skill on enemies have a 40% chance to instantly restore skill cooldown. The effect appears once every half a minute. A good weapon for both primary and secondary DPS, allowing you to use an elemental ability that deals huge damage more often.|
If you plan to use Heizo as your main damage dealer, who will be on the battlefield most of the time, then we advise you to collect a set of two sets of artifacts:
- Emerald Shadow (2 parts): increases Anemo's bonus damage by 15%. Dropped from the Valley of Memories dungeon
- Gladiator's End or Shimenawa's Memories (2 parts): Increases attack power by 18%. The former drops from elite bosses, while the latter is obtained from the Maple Hall dungeon.
If you want to strengthen your team as a whole and switch to other heroes more often, you should collect a full set of Emerald Shadow, which increases damage from Dispel by 60% and reduces enemy resistance to element that caused the reaction by 40% for 10 seconds.
If you're missing a few pieces from the above sets, you can temporarily replace them with Traveling Ensemble, which increases Elemental Mastery by 80. He is also knocked out of the elite bosses.
As for the main characteristics of artifacts, the hourglass should be taken for elemental mastery (or ATK%, if the emphasis is on crits), the goblet – elemental mastery (or Anemo damage bonus, if the emphasis is on crits), the crown (hat) – elemental mastery (or Critical Hit Chance/Critical Damage if Crits are Emphasized). If we talk about secondary parameters, then the choice priority will look like this: elemental mastery -> ATK% -> crit chance and crit. damage.
Best teams for Shikanoin Heizo
When forming teams with Heizo, be guided by the fact that you will need heroes that can constantly apply Electro, Pyro, Hydro or Cryo statuses to a large number enemies. We are talking about such characters as Ye Lan, Fischl, Raiden, Yae Miko, Xiang Ling, Xing Qiu and so on.
For healing and protection, you can use Bennett, Dione, Toma, Genie or Barbara. The table below shows the budget and optimal units with this talented detective.
|Primary DPS||Secondary DPS||Secondary DPS/Support||Support|
Xing Qiu (Ye Lan)
Kuki Shinobu< /p>
Leveling Shikanoin Heizo
How to improve skills
Get ready to search for a wide variety of materials, which are listed below.
- Teachings, instructions and philosophies about “Frailty” – obtained on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays in the “Violet Hall” dungeon.
- Seals of Treasure Thieves, Seals of the Silver and Golden Ravens – Dropped by Treasure Thieves or created using Alchemy .
- Meaning of the Aeons – drops from the weekly boss Magatsu mitake Narukami no Mikoto.
- Crown of Insight – can be obtained during events, as well as by leveling the Sacred Sakura and the Permafrost Tree.
As for the order of leveling abilities, first of all, pump his elemental skill to the maximum. Then, at the same time as the explosion of the elements, increase normal attacks. The latter can be left unimproved if you plan to use Heizo as a sub-DD.
How to level up a character
You have to collect many different resources, the names and methods of extraction of which are indicated below.
- First Ascension (Level 20; 20,000 mora) – 1 Wayuda Turquoise Shard, 3 Onikabutos, 3 Seals of the Treasure Thieves 10 Onikabuto, 15 Treasure Reaver Seals
- Third Ascension (Level 50; 60,000 mora) – 6 Wayuda Turquoise Fragments, 4 Runic Fangs, 20 Onikabuto, 12 Silver Crow Seals
- Fourth Ascension (Level 60; 80,000 mora) – 3 Wayuda Turquoise, 8 Rune Fangs, 30 Onikabuto, 18 Silver Crow Seals Fangs, 45 Onikabuto, 12 Golden Crow Seals
- Sixth Ascension (Level 80; 120,000 mora) – 6 Precious Wayuda Turquoise, 20 Rune Fangs, 60 Onikabuto, 24 Golden Crow Seals
You can get Vayuda Turquoise from Anemo Hystasis, Dwalin Stormterror, and Magu Kenki. They are also sold in the souvenir shop. Runic Fangs drop from Ruin Wyrm. Onikabuto are a local curiosity of Inazuma. In a separate guide, we indicated their location.