In Honkai: Star Rail, Silver Wolf is a 5-star character that possesses a Quantum Fight type and belongs to the path of Nothingness. In a team, she is able to play the role of an offensive debuffer or even a damage dealer under certain conditions. In this guide, we will tell you about her best builds, light cones and relics. We will also indicate the optimal units with her.
The main features of the Silver Wolf
How to get the Silver Wolf
This heroine can only be obtained as part of the event Jump called “Contract Zero. The last time this banner was active was during the first phase of patch 1.1. If you want to be one of the first to know about her future rerun, then we advise you to bookmark this article.
In addition, HoYoverse has never given 5-star characters during the events, so you can only get a hacker with the help of Jumps.
< h3>Silver Wolf stat progression
In the table below you can see how the heroine's base parameters change as she levels up.
|Level||Attack Power||Defense||HP||Haste||Crit. chance||Crit. damage||Taunt|
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Silver Wolf
Due to her abilities, she can significantly weaken enemies and deal significant quantum damage to single targets. Other benefits include:
- Using your Allow Changes? it can place a vulnerability of the same type as a random ally on one enemy. This significantly increases the effectiveness of packs consisting of characters of the same element, for example, for physical or quantum damage. Plus, this ability is extremely useful when fighting elite enemies or bosses.
- Able to impose various debuffs on enemies: reduce defense, attack power and speed for 3 turns. Therefore, even in case of failure to create the desired vulnerability on the enemy, the hacker can noticeably weaken him.
- It has relatively high base attack and defense values, which makes it easier to use it as a damage dealer.
- May play the role of not only a good debuffer, but also a sub-DD, as it has the potential to deal quite a lot of quantum damage to single targets (with proper pumping, it is comparable or even superior to Zele's damage).
- There is no need to worry about the build for a long time, since the main characteristic for her is the chance to hit effects, so simply increasing this parameter to the maximum is enough to significantly increase the effectiveness of the heroine. This can be done with a free 4-star light cone.
- Eidolons can do their main debuffer role well even without them, so it is not necessary to open them at all.
- Ultra spends relatively little energy (110 units), so the heroine will be able to use it more often.
However, this gamer should not be considered an ideal character, as she has a number of disadvantages, and some of them will seem very significant:
- Even at skill level 15, the base chance to inflict vulnerability is not 100%, so there is a chance that you will be able to do this only at the end of the battle. In addition, the selection of the element is random, so you may well create an elemental weakness in the enemy, which your support owns, and not the damage dealer.
- The previous disadvantage imposes certain restrictions on team customization – it is recommended to use characters of the same element or take supports whose elements match the vulnerabilities of the opponents.
- Debuffs on enemies are also not applied with 100% probability, especially at low levels of abilities. Plus, opponents can have significant resistance to negative statuses. It is for this reason that the Silver Wolf needs a weapon that increases the chance to hit the effects.
- Although the “Before the Training Mission” Light Cone can be obtained for free, it can only be obtained as part of the “Star Hunt” limited-time event, which, judging by experience from Genshin Impact, will never be held again. Therefore, if it is skipped, the only option to significantly increase the usefulness of the heroine will be only the 5-star weapon “Continuous Rain”, which can only be obtained through gacha, which is an extremely time-consuming task for F2P players.
- The heroine's abilities are aimed at mainly to weaken a single target. When trying to apply debuffs to all enemies at once, you can quickly run into a shortage of skill points and at the same time not weaken anyone due to the random nature of the hacker skills.
- If you want to turn this heroine into a damage dealer, you will definitely have to open her Eidolons, which again is not suitable for F2P players.
Silver Wolf Abilities
When using the basic attack “System Warning”, she deals quantum damage equal to 50~130% of her attack power to the enemy. It also restores 20 energy and pierces 30 stamina.
After using the “Allow Changes?” it has a 75~90% base chance to add one vulnerability of the same type as a random ally's element to the target enemy, and reduce the corresponding damage resistance by 20% for two turns. The resistance reduction does not work on the enemy's initial vulnerabilities. Adding a new weakness removes the previous one.
In addition, the skill also has a 100% chance to reduce the enemy's damage resistance of any kind by 7.5~11.25% for two turns and inflict quantum damage in the amount of 98~245% of the character's attack power. At the same time, the skill restores 30 units of energy and pierces 60 units of stamina.
When using the User Banned super ability, she has a 85~107.5% chance to lower the targeted enemy's defense by 36~49.5% for 3 turns and deal quantum damage equal to 228~456% of the character's attack power. The ult pierces 90 stamina.
As for the passive talent of the heroine – “Waiting for the system's response…”, it allows her with a probability of 60~78% to impose one of three bugs on the selected enemy with each attack for three turns. These bugs can reduce his attack power by 5~12.5%, defense by 4~10%, or speed by 3~7.5%.
Not to mention the Forced Exit Program technique, the use of which leads to an attack on enemies and inflicting quantum damage on all of them in the amount of 80% of the hacker's attack power. At the same time, the vulnerabilities of the opponents are ignored, so their stamina is depleted. If the vulnerability is pierced, the enemy will be Bind.
Traces of the Silver Wolf
In addition to the above abilities, the heroine's leveling tree also includes other buffs that provide passive bonuses or permanent increases to characteristics. You can see them all in the picture below.
Silver Wolf Eidolons
To unlock them, the materials of the same name are required, issued when duplicates of the heroine drop out, which, of course, is random. And given the rarity of 5-star character drops, be prepared to spend a lot of money and time on it. Luckily, even without eidolons, Silver Wolf can play the role of a debuffer support quite well.
If you plan to turn the hacker into a secondary or even main damage dealer, then you can’t do without E1 and E2, since the first one will allow you to pay less attention to the speed of energy recovery, and the second one will focus on the chance of breaking through the effects, so you can get more attack and crits. Naturally, the best eidolon in this case is E6, but it is very difficult to get to it.
- Social Engineering – after using the ult on the enemy, for each debuff he has, the heroine restores 7 units of energy to herself. The bonus can be activated up to five times per use of superpowers.
- Botnet – Reduces the effect resistance of an enemy entering battle by 20%.
- Payload – Increases skill level by two . Max level: 15th.
- Port of Redirection – After using the ult on the enemy, for each debuff he has, the heroine deals additional quantum damage to him in the amount of 20% of her attack power. The bonus can be activated up to five times for each use of the super ability.
- Brute force – the level of the ult increases by two, and the basic attack – by one. The first level increases to level 15, and the second – to level 10.
- Overlay network – increases the damage dealt by the hacker by 20% for each debuff the enemy has. The maximum it can increase is 100%.
How to play Silver Wolf
Let's take a closer look at the main advantage of the heroine, which consists in imposing vulnerabilities on enemies. Let's say you assembled a squad from Yanqing (ice), Silver Wolf (quantum), Pathfinder (fiery) and Bailu (electric) and faced Svarog in battle, which is vulnerable to wind, electric and fire types of damage.
Given that your supports already have the same element as the boss, the hacker will be able to impose on him either ice or quantum vulnerability in a ratio of 50 to 50. The number of characters of the same element does not affect this ratio, that is, even if you take three ice characters, the Silver Wolf will still apply quantum or ice weakness to Svarog in the ratio of 50 to 50.
Thus, if you want to more often inflict a vulnerability on the enemy that would coincide with the element of main damage, then try to take supports into the squad whose elements correspond to the initial weaknesses of the enemy. For example, if you plan to fight the Cheetah, you can assemble such a squad: Yanqing, Silver Wolf, Tingyun and Natasha. If Zele is taken instead of Yanqing, then the imposed vulnerability with 100% probability will be quantum.
If you don’t have supports of the necessary elements, then try to collect a mono-pack, that is, all characters must belong to the same element. For example, you can take Hook, Silver Wolf, Pathfinder (fire) and Asta. In this case, the enemy will receive either quantum or fiery vulnerability. However, we should not forget about the Chinese randomness, because of which you may well find yourself in a situation where a hacker will only impose a quantum weakness on the enemy 5 times in a row.
Separately, we also note the heroine’s technique, which goes well with the “Generation” trail, which can cause a random bug on the enemy with a 65% chance when breaking through his vulnerability. This way, you can apply a few debuffs to enemies early in the fight if you manage to break through their toughness with Force Exit Program.
As for the battle itself, everything is simple here – the hacker is designed to significantly weaken one enemy, so she is great for fighting elite enemies and bosses. Even if you can't get the right vulnerability on it the first time, you will surely weaken it with bugs.
When you successfully apply a Weakness, continue hitting the targeted enemy with normal attacks to apply debuffs to them. Of course, don't forget to use your superpower on him. You will need to update the vulnerability every two turns.
The best builds for the Silver Wolf
The simplest build for a hacker, in the construction of which the main attention should be paid to only one characteristic – the chance to hit effects. It should be between 70-100% (it all depends on how often you want to bug enemies; the higher this parameter, the more often debuffs will be applied).
You can also increase the energy recovery rate for more frequent use of superpowers. Given this information, we have selected some of the most interesting light cones, presented in the table below.
| < p>|
Continuous Rain (5 stars)
|Increases the chance to hit effects by 24~40%. Dealing damage to an enemy with 3 or more Debuffs increases the Hero's Critical Chance by 12~20%. When attacked, has a 100% chance to place an Ethereal Code on an enemy, increasing any damage dealt against them by 12~20%. A signature weapon for the Silver Wolf, suitable for both a debuffer support and a damage dealer.|
Before the start of the training mission (4 stars)
Attack Damage: 21~476
|Increases the chance to hit effects by 24~40% . When hitting an enemy with reduced defense, the cone restores 4 points of energy to the character. An excellent weapon for the Silver Wolf, which can compete even with the signature. Best of all, it will suit a support, but it will be very useful for a damage dealer as well. In addition, it could be obtained completely free of charge as part of the Star Hunt event.|
For the sake of peace (5 stars)
Attack Power: 26~582
|Increases damage dealt to Enemies with Debuffs by 24-40%. After using the skill, the chance to hit effects increases by 18-30%, and attack power – by 24-40%. A good option for a damage dealer, as it increases their damage. The previous free cone is better for the debuffer.|
Resolve shines like pearls of sweat (4 stars)
Attack Power: 21~476
|60~100% chance to catch of the hit enemy into a trap (if he has not already fallen into it), reducing his defense by 12-16% for one turn. A good option for both a support and a damage dealer, as it can be used to inflict Conclusion on the enemy and reduce his defense. Combined with your ult and hacker skill, you can significantly weaken even an elite opponent.|
Victim's Gaze (4 stars)
Attack Power: 21~476
|Increases the chance to hit effects by 20-40% and increases damage over time by 24-48%. Silver Wolf will benefit from the first part of the passive, but she won't be able to use the second, as she doesn't deal damage over time. This weapon can be a good alternative if you don't have “Before the start of the training mission”. you can give a debuffer support two incomplete sets:|
Optional Collect a full set of Falling Meteor Thief, 4 pieces of which provide an additional 16% to the effect of penetration and restore 3 units of energy in case of penetration of an enemy vulnerability. By doing so, you will be able to use the hacker's superpower more often.
Now let's move on to planar decorations that are mined in the Virtual Universe. The list below shows the recommended options (numbers indicate the priority of choice):
As for the characteristics of relics, you need to choose as follows:
Speed will allow you to move faster than others, and energy recovery will allow you to use your ult more often. The penetration effect will allow you to deal more damage when breaking the enemy's stamina and delay his turn longer.
Once again, we note that the Silver Wolf will be able to effectively fulfill this role only when the first two Eidolons are opened. The maximum can be squeezed out of it if you unlock E6. In this case, the hit chance of effects can be increased to 45-70% by paying more attention to attack power and crits.
Light cones for the damage dealer can be taken the same as for the support. We have discussed them in detail above. Relics will be slightly different. For example, you can now take the following two incomplete sets:
The best option can be considered a full set of “Genius of Diamond Stars”, 4 parts of which allow you to ignore 10% of the enemy's defense when dealing damage. If the enemy has a quantum vulnerability, then another 10% is ignored. In a pack with Zele, this passive will work very often.
If you haven't dropped any relics with the right stats yet, you can use the Wild Wheat Shooter full set, 4 pieces of which increase your speed by 6% and your base hit damage by 10%. Speed is an important parameter for both the debuffer and the damage dealer, allowing you to move and deal damage earlier.
Planar Ornaments can be picked up the following:
If we talk about the characteristics of relics, then you need to choose the following:
The best teams for the Silver Wolf
Above, we have already examined in detail the features of building teams with this heroine, so here we will simply present the most optimal packs with her. The budget team is listed first, then the mono packs, and the more versatile squads are listed at the end.
Leveling the Silver Wolf
How to increase abilities (what to download first)
The pictures below show the materials and their amount needed to maximize the basic attack, skill, superpower and talent.
As for the priority of leveling abilities, a lot depends on how often you want to apply bugs to enemies. If you do not plan to focus on them, then first increase the skill, and then superpower with talent. Download the base attack last.
If you really need bugs, then first download the talent, and then the skill and superpower. The basic attack should also be increased in parallel with other abilities, since you will use it often.
How to level up the character
At certain levels, you will need to level up the heroine, spending a large amount of resources and credits :
Void iron can be Harvest from the Stagnant Shadow “Quantum Shape” located in the Base Zone of the Hertha Space Station.