Hero Wars game came out quite a long time ago. But so far there is no recipe for the perfect team that could be equally good in PVE and PVP. In this article I tried to find hero wars best team.
Guide — 18 best Hero Wars tips for beginners
- Don’t click “complete” on any daily quest that gives team xp (the XP symbol). You need to keep your team level as low as possible. Why?The difficulty of the tower is largely based on your team level, not the level of your heroes. So if you have a high team level, but your heroes are not as high, the tower will be more difficult. You want to clear the tower (all the way to level 50) every day. Keeping your team level low makes it easier to keep your heroes close to your team level so you can clear the tower easier. Clearing the tower is one of the best ways to accumulate the resources you need to level your heroes. You have to pass the Tower every day. That’s why you don’t have to take all the experience from the daily quests.
- The opportunity to get Arachne to a full star is too good to pass up. I recommend it. She won’t be your main character, but will definitely come in handy in the Grand Arena or for the “control” team. She also plays just as well as a baby-hero, i.e. at a low level of pumping – purple or the beginning of yellow. (exceptions: Astaroth, Kiera)
- When it is time to select a guild, do so carefully. An active guild wants participating members and you want to be in an active guild. If the guild is inactive. Leave the guild and change to a more active one. You must play in the Golden League.
- Even if you are f2p, spend a couple bucks to get to VIP 1 at least (maybe VIP 5). The ability to auto-raid is worth the small expenditure.
- Energy will refresh over time up to about 200. After that you can get free energy from daily quests by logging in at certain times or by completing certain other tasks. Or you can buy it with theatre tokens or gems. I recommend saving the energy you get in the mail for special events.
- Once you hit 40 and are able to farm the tower (daily), stop accepting quest rewards that grant Team EXP. It can be very easy to drive your level cap up higher than you have resources to build on or catch up to. Having one Hero at lvl 65 while the rest of your team can only afford lvl 40 and blue gear isn’t helpful.
- When filling in a team for an Expedition (Airship), fill it in from the bottom of your champ list. The game will highlight the champs you can use to reach the expedition team lvl requirement, and shade out those that can’t help. Only select the lowest lvl highlighted hero each time and you will build the most efficient team possible to complete the expedition, potentially allowing you to complete more of them at once.
- Always buy items with gold in the Town Shop. Also, at the initial stage you can buy XP potions, but in small quantities. Later they will be more than a lot. But items – clothes do not happen a lot, especially purple items.
- Mobile: Put your phone on mute and “watch” Boxy’s stupid ads, as well as the Theater ads every day. Let it run, watch some TV or engage with other humans and when you remember the ad is probably over, just close it, and yay you got stuff, on to the next one.
- Don’t buy the health or ability buffs in the tower. The others are much more valuable, save your points for those.
- Don’t invest in crappy heroes. Likewise, investing in heroes whose soul stones are difficult or impossible to get can be frustrating, but also very rewarding later in the game. Some crappy heroes: Artemis, Daredevil, Judge, Mojo, Luther, Fox, Lilith, Astrid + Lucas, Chabba.
Also crappy, but necessary early on: Thea. As soon as you get a better healer (Dorian and Martha are the best), stop investing resources into her. I have her at level 90 with all skills maxed, artifacts activated, and glyphs and she STILL totally sucks.
- Heroic chests are useless, don’t do it.
- Pick one or two campaign heroes to focus on and no more then that. Get everyone else that’s a campaign hero to three stars at least then just stop investing in the soulstones and focus on items. If an event for one of your main heroes comes try and get to them to 4. Or higher. You must always remember that this game is quite long. And sooner or later all the main characters will have a full star. But it’s the clothes that are the hardest for them to collect.
- Try and progress the campaign until you’ve unlocked all the quests for the item you are currently farming. Should be easy smooth sailing until purples in which case stopping at the end of chapter 8 for ages is fine. All the items after that point are gold and you won’t be using those until like level 90 despite being able to unlock it at lvl 60 or so.
- Use gems during good events. I usually spend my gems to get extra energy. To open titan spheres. Everything. That’s the main thing I spend emeralds on.
Video which hero to Level?
How to do Hero Wars Best Team
Basics of a team
- 1 Tank
- 1 Healer or no healer
- 1-2 DPS The team is either focused on Magic Damage or Physical Damage – never mix those (exception can be a healer in a physical team).
- Support hero. A hero who increases the damage of the main hero or helps him to control the enemy team.
What is a good Hero?
**Can you get them to 6 Stars or not?**
The answer to that is:
- One single rule. The stronger your main hero who deals damage, the better. And it doesn’t matter who it is, Kira, Dante, Yasmin or Orion, or even Stag, they must be much better pumped than your other heroes. They must be a full star ahead of them, leveled up and skinned before the other heroes.
**What skills/artifacts do they have?**
Some hero’s can stun, poison, blind, prepare combos etc. Based on the team you wish to build, it will matter
The first artifact skill of the three will at 3 stars (better – full star) trigger each time you use that first hero skill and buff the entire team.
Possible effects are Magic or Armor Penetration, Magical of Physical Attack, Armor, Critical Hit Chance, Dodge, etc.
Tanks for best Team in Hero Wars
Here I’m considering the desktop or Facebook version, because for the mobile version, there will be a completely different game and a different dash list of tanks, and other heroes.
A good tank is defined as: staying alive (high magical and physical armor + vampirism + dodge) and matches the buffs from your party. An excellent tank is defined by adding: he deals a lot of damage!
Below avg. armor but she gains dodge for her and the team and has a stun.
All of her skills are based on magic damage, and despite that, she can be used with any team. Priority, of course, teams with magic damage (Oriorn Pack or Stags) or teams under dodge (Dante or Heidi).
With a lot of pumping, often deals more damage than the main damaguer. Currently considered one of the best tanks. If I were starting the game now, as a Tank, I would start pumping Aurora.
Medium armor, no damage skills, but a “shield” skill that deals physical damage to the entire team. It burns the enemy’s energy and shares the damage with the team, it can also resurrect itself or a team member once per battle.
Since he doesn’t deal damage, he’s just a nuisance in combat, his value lies in resurrecting himself (controlled by Celeste) to be more annoying or to bring a valued team member back to life.
His skills are based on a magical attack, and despite that he suits any team. Assembled from the Campaign. Can be the main tank for a long time.
Hit Point Tank with avg. defenses but her first skills doubles her magic and physical armor.
All skills are based on her Hit Points and has self regeneration but when she does that, your middle row will become the tanks which is risky.
She also got a minor stun. Her artifact will increase team armor which is good. Whats bad is, she has no vampirism and no damage skills.
She can be in any type of party.
High armor, excellent damage skills and vampirism but no self heals besides that and no stun etc..
What makes him a great tank is he deals a lot of damage while healing from it and thus belongs in a physical damage party.
Warriors for the best team
You can use warrior classes as tanks like Ishmael but they will not have the defense or tanking skills such as actual tanks.
A fine fighter. Can single-handedly take out an entire team. Recommended to start the game, and especially for beginners. He will be great for starting the game.
There may be problems later on. She has a counter-hero, Helios. So it is better not to attack teams with Helios.
Great to play as a second hero, dealing damage to, for example, Karh
As I said before – it’s very easy to get a full star almost at the beginning of the game. That helps a lot.
She is not the main character, but she is quite capable of playing as a secondary fighter.
She can also tank. Yes yes, in the Grand Arena she can act as a tank for the control team.
Healer for best in Hero Wars
That is a tricky one. They come as team wide healer and or single target healer. Usually they do not deal damage but have some crowed control skills. They are all magic attack based.
One of the best healers in the game. Unfortunately, you can’t get it from the Campaign or the Shop. You should only count on luck from the heroic chest or open chests after a month of play.
One very OP healer with an artifact that adds armor.
She is a mage as well as healer.
While a mage she reduces enemy teams healing and turns that into magic damage.
While a healer she casts 3 heals, all strong and single target. Her artifact adds magic attack and she can block debuffs.
An excellent hero and healer, I recommend her full pumping. But I will say that she is not the main hero, but can act as the main healer of the team instead of Martha.
Considered the best healer in the latest game. This is when all heroes are already level 130, pumped up and the power of a pack of heroes approaching 1 million. At this stage, Dorian reveals himself as well as possible.
We only need 1 skill to use him – vampirism for those standing on his sides. It works even when Dorian is dead.
She has 2 avg. heals (1 team wide, 1 single target), 1 silence skill and 1 speed team buff that is passive.
Her artifact gives Magic Armor which can be great.
More considered a cheerleader. But it is one of the best supporting heroes. Increases the damage of heroes to the left and right of Nebula. I highly recommend this hero for a full boost to help your main heroes.
As a healer it is the worst healer 🙂
Can not only heal, but also deal damage, and pure damage. Can be used in a team that deals pure damage.
But is not a superhero. Can cause trouble with her flower, though.
Best Damage Dealers and Team Combos in Hero Wars
It is important to say here that it is not the best heroes that win, but the best team of heroes.
Second, for every better team of heroes, there is always a better team of heroes.
And third. Your main – key hero must be much stronger than the other heroes on the team who ensure the survival or reinforcement of the main hero.
As I wrote above – one of the best starting key characters. Capable of single-handedly killing an entire enemy team.
Recommended team of heroes
Aurora/Astaroth Yasmine Nebula Sebastien Martha
K’arkh deals automatically damage to who ever is in the air but he is physical attack based. He can block attacks so can be an off tank.
He also has a hero who controls him – Andvari. He also has a hero who controls him – Andvari. But this hero only appears on the opposing teams in the middle of the game, and before that you can play. With strong pumping he can destroy teams even with Andvari.
Recommended team of heroes
Aurora/Astaroth K’arh Nebula/Faceless Jørgen/Sebastien Martha
Lars + Krista
Krista wets them, Lars electrocutes wet targets and both are magic attack based. They also stun a lot!
Of the disadvantages, it is worth noting that they are very expensive to pump. And they also have a counter-hero – Isaac (anti-mage), Andvari (keeps the key hero from the vortex) and Sebastien (removes the negative effects).
Recommended team of heroes
Aurora Lars Nebula Krista Martha
Orion + Helios
A great bunch of mages. Orion is very tough with his mass damage, and Helios controls the Critters.
And of course it has its own counter-hero, Isaac, who will put this team to shame.
Recommended team of heroes
Aurora Celecta Sebasian Orion Helios
Late game: Aurora Sebastian Orion Dorian Helios
Dante + Heidi
These two characters are completely self-sufficient. Dante can play in front without a tank, he likes it very much. He’s probably the best starting hero in the game right now. He is easy to assemble from the Store. He does a tremendous amount of damage. A real key player for his team. Heidi is great to help him as a dodger.
But at the same time, Heidi can be a great key character himself. However, he starts to work when he’s almost fully pumped up, because he has pretty low health, so there’s always a chance that he won’t dodge an attack.
Recommended team of heroes
Dante Nebula Sebastian Iris/Heidi Martha or
Aurora Dante Nebula Sebastian Martha
Not the best key character right now. Despite the quick build from the Campaign, great damage with auto-attacks, not bad stalking, but still a pretty average hero. Unfortunately.
Recommended team of heroes
Andvari Kira Nebula Sebastian Martha
Best Teams in the Game
Hero Wars best beginner team
For now, the best team in the game is a pack of heroes based on Dante. So if now on a new server, you want to dominate, I recommend looking at the team of heroes with Dante.
Dante Nebula Sebastian Iris/Heidi Martha
We use Orion + Helios for back row magic penetration attacks. That means we need 1 tank that benefits from magic: Aurora and if we have no healer, Ziri.
We now have 2 free slots, we can go for Lars + Krista to have a full magic party with stuns. All the mages do AOE so the squishy back row hero’s of our enemies are either stunned, in the air or dead.
In general, we have already looked at all the physical teams in the game. Of course, there could be more, because there are so many heroes in the game. But there are not so many really good heroes in the game, so I recommend using only proven heroes from the draw list. Using weak heroes leads to a loss of time, and subsequently to a loss of interest in the game. That’s why I recommend that you start building your team with the best heroes right away.
- Aurora/Astaroth Yasmine Nebula Sebastien Martha
- Aurora/Astaroth K’arh Nebula/Faceless Jørgen/Sebastien Martha
- Dante Nebula Sebastian Iris/Heidi Martha or
- Aurora Dante Nebula Sebastian Martha
- Andvari Kira Nebula Sebastian Martha
Quite a rare team, but nevertheless exist. Basically, these teams are built on the hero Lien
Hero Wars Tier List / Characters Ranked — Best Heroes 2022
I’ve yet to see an adequate late-game tier or ranking list so here’s my attempt at one. Explanations for Hero placement will be included and I welcome any suggestions or criticism.
S Tier – Absolutely useful/Necessary
- Astaroth – Incredible tank, obtainable early-game, and always a worthwhile investment
- Martha – Possibly the best healer in the game
- Cleaver – Rare chest drop but powerful physical tank if you’re lucky enough to obtain him, Not a bad match for Jhu
- Orion+Helios+Dorian – Magic attack+Magic Pen with Vampirism (and additional healing/Damage) from Dorian
- Nebula – Increases the attack of two adjacent heroes, great between K’arkh and Faceless, etc.
- Andvari – Counters K’arkh/the twins
- Jhu – Needed for Asgard, otherwise not too useful, but can be used as a key hero in the physics team
- Isaac – The best anti-mage and needed on Asgard
A Tier – Powerful Synergy/Combinations
- Lars+Krista – Classic magic combo, pairs well with Jorgen
- K’arkh+Faceless – Very strong physical combo, K’arkh has massive damage output and faceless (ideally) copies his Ult
- Maya – Respectable healer, Skills pull enemy heroes together and deal damage over time
- Celeste – Versatile Hero, very strong healer or magic damage dealer. Great counter to other healers
- Jorgen – Great Support Character, Steals energy/prevents energy gain, Pairs well with the twins and other magic Heroes
- Aurora – May be best tank in the Hero Wars now
A-/B+ Tier – Useful Support and Strong Tanks
- Galahad – Solid physical tank, Obtained early game (Starter Character) and soul stones are easily farm-able
- Rufus – Moderate tank generally speaking, but his Ult shuts down magic based teams. Great for counter-picking in the Grand Arena
- Cornelius – Strong anti-magic Hero providing magic defense buffs and suppression of enemy magic attack
- Satori – Very powerful if able to get their Ults off
- [Honorable Mentions] – Jet/Kiera/Qing Mao – Require more testing/Unsure if replaced by stronger heroes at higher levels (Kiera and Qing Mao particularly)
B Tier – Potentially useful/niche counters
- Peppy – Magic user that pairs very well with Cleaver (provides stun/blinding/shielding)
- Kiera – High Damage output, Not sure if replaced by other Heroes
- Qing Mao – Good Physical attacker, potentially replaced at higher levels
- Luther – Disrupts backrow, Often 5/Absolute star due to the event
- Elmer – High power output, jumps to the backline and gains attack bonus with his Ult
- Ziri + Ishmael – Ziri is difficult to obtain, and requires a strong second Hero for when she burrows. Ishmael requires significant investment to shine, but once invested the pair makes a strong physical tanking combination
C Tier – Strong mid-game but outperformed late-game
- Ginger – Strong marksman but outperformed by other Heroes late-game
- Astrid and Lucas – Good back-line tank but inconsistent
- Arachne – Strong mid-game, Often 5/Absolute star due to the event but quickly drops off late-game
- Kai – Has some synergy with K’arkh but sees very little play late-game
- Thea – Solid healer, obtainable early game and easily farm-able soul stones but outperformed by nearly all other healers
C- Tier – lacking common use/utility
F Tier – Not worth investing
- Fox/Mojo/Heidi/Daredevil/Phobos/Dark Star/Artemis/Dante
I like to play mobile games. Especially, Mobile Legends Bang Bang and COD Mobile. I share my game experience. Sometimes I publish guides and tips from other players. So if you’d like to be published on Gameloid, please contact me.