In what fishing places is the fruit puffer fish found, and what bait should it be caught with.
Don't miss the best Black Friday deals!
The fruit pufferfish in Genshin Impact is a special species of fish found in the waters of Teyvat. They can be found only in one region, and they are caught on a certain type of bait. This guide will tell you where you can find this fish, how to catch and use it.
Where to find Puffers in Genshin Impact
This species of fish lives only in the waters of the Dendro region of Sumeru. There are eight places to find the fruit pufferfish:
- One of the fishing spots is located north of Port Ormos. Teleport to the nearest statue of the seven Archons and fly south.
- At the foot of Mount Devantaki there is a small reservoir. Jump down from the nearest teleporter – you can go fishing there.
- Another location is located near the waypoint at Vimara Village.
- You can catch fish south of the city of Sumeru, in the Pond of Yazadah. The fastest way to get there is from the teleport in the west.
- Another fruit pufferfish pond is south of Wanaran. Move towards it from the teleport north of the Ashwattha Temple.
- Southwest of Dar al-Shifa is an oasis where you can catch fish. Teleport east of the pond and move to the fishing spot.
- There is a small river in the Panjwah Ruins that also has fruit blowfish. Head to the underground teleporter and head northwest. Hilichurls and Abyssal Cryo Mage will be near the fishing spot. Defeat them so they don't interfere with your fishing.
- Gavireh Lajavard, south of the Temir Mountains, has a body of water that also you can catch the right fish.
How to catch Puffers
The difficulty of catching fruit pufferfish is average. A few times the fish will resist more than usual, so you need to be careful not to pull the line too tight.
Otherwise, the puffer fish will break off the hook and swim away.
You also need a special lure called “Sugar Bait”. Select it when preparing for fishing. To craft at the Alchemy Workbench, you will need the following ingredients:
- Harra Fruit ×1;
- Dusk Rose ×1.
The bait recipe can be purchased from the Sumeru Anglers Association from Lumelat. Its cost will be three orizia.
Like all other inhabitants of water bodies in Teyvat, the fruit pufferfish is restored every three real days. The time is counted from the moment when it was caught.
If the necessary fish did not appear at the fishing spot during the day, try rewinding time to the night. Or vice versa, change night to day. To do this, use the clock in the Paimon Menu.
What is the Puffer for?
There are several options for how to use this type of fish:
- In the Sumeru Anglers Association, you can purchase a special fishing rod “Luck”, the effect of which is valid on the territory of the Dendro region. To purchase it, you need 20 fruit pufferfish and other fish.
- Pufferfish can also be used to breed ornamental fish in the Kettle of Serenity. To do this, you need to catch him in a pond from which a blue beam will come. You can understand that the fish is decorative by jumping out of the water. These aquatic creatures are usually harder to catch.
- Caught fish can be used for cooking food. It is enough to go to the oven for cooking and go to the tab «Preparation of ingredients». One pufferfish will yield two pieces of fish.
We hope our guide helped you catch the fruit puffer fish in Genshin Impact and find out why you need this fish. If anything is still unclear, ask questions in the comments. Read about all the fishing spots and follow the Genshin Impact guides on our website.