Help the Fontaine inventor complete mechanical paintings based on the card game.
The Ever-Moving Picture: Sacred Call in Genshin Impact is a Duel! Card Mastery in Update 3.7, where players are invited to put aside the battle and solve a puzzle brought by a guest from Fontaine. An old acquaintance has created new mechanical paintings based on the images of the cards from the Sacred Call of the Seven. Arrange the gears in the correct sequence and restore the painting to make the mechanism work.
In this guide, we will tell you how to complete the Ever-Moving Painting: Sacred Call event and move the gears correctly to restore the paintings.
How to start the event
The event starts on May 25 at 12:00 Moscow time (on Europe server) and ends >June 12at05:59. There are 8 stages in total, which are likely to open two every 2 days. To start solving puzzles, you need to fulfill the following conditions:
- reach 32 adventure rank;
- complete the task “Escape from Rito Island”;
- complete the quest “Battlefield of dice, cards and cats”.
- complete the introductory task of the Duel event! To the heights of card mastery.
Among the optional conditions are the Archon quest “Akasha's Pulse and Kalpa's Flame”, as well as the tasks of the legends of Mona “Crimson Dawn” and Raiden “Reflections on Frailty”. To skip them and start completing the stages, use the Quick start function in the event menu.
Passage of the quest Ever-Moving Picture: Sacred Call
After completing the introductory quest «The duel begins! First suspicions» the game will automatically redirect to the main menu of the event, where you can select the appropriate tab with the event. From there, you can start a quest that will give you access to the Ever Moving Picture walkthrough.
Start tracking the target to find Felix Yogifrom Fontaine. A man stands among one of the tents at the top of the Mondstadt. Talk to the inventor – he will tell you that the local Adventurer's Guild personally sent him an invitation to create paintings based on the design of the cards. Some copies are already ready, so Felix offers to collect them.
Guide on how to restore the details of the mechanical picture in Genshin Impact
To put the gear in place, you first need to select the part of the picture on which you want to place the mechanism. After that, select the desired gear and click on it to see if it starts spinning.
To complete the task, you need to adjust the gears so that they work smoothly together with each other. prizyv-v-genshin-impact-kak-projti-i-vosstanovit-kartiny-1f67668.jpg” alt=”Eternally moving painting: Sacred call in Genshin Impact – how to pass and restore paintings” />
If solving the puzzle, there may be gears that come into conflict with other mechanisms and plates, which means they do not fit in that place in size.
Move parts of a mechanical painting
Keep in mind that it is important to interact not only with mechanisms, but with the surfaces on which they are placed. The mini-game has the ability to swap parts of the picture or rotate them clockwise.
However, some of the surfaces are not available to change their position. In this case, you should pay attention to those plates that dock with the fixed one in order to adjust to it. svjashhennyj-prizyv-v-genshin-impact-kak-projti-i-vosstanovit-kartiny-ab6840a.jpg” alt=”Eternally moving painting: Sacred call in Genshin Impact – how to complete and restore paintings” />
Also note that the progress of solving the puzzle is not saved when you exit the game while restoring a part or assembling a painting. If you interrupt the process of solving the problem, you will have to start over.
Eternally moving picture: Mondstadt 1
Approach the first booth located to the left of Felix the Yogi to start a mini-game. A feature of the stage is the function of changing the surface, which will bring the inventor's picture back to its original form. It is this mechanic that will be used to solve the puzzle.
To assemble the first mechanical picture, interact with surfaces and columns in the following way (numbers on the screenshots show the order of actions):
- < strong>Surface I. Swap the top plates – they are marked with Roman numerals. To do this, first click on the «Change surface» button, and then click on the second slab without details so that the picture takes the correct position. If you do everything right, the green gear will be on the right side. impact-kak-projti-i-vosstanovit-kartiny-2528102.jpg” alt=”Eternally moving painting: Sacred call in Genshin Impact – how to pass and recover paintings” />
- Surface II. This part should be skipped as the surfaces are already in the correct position.
- Column with gears 1. Place the middle part in the first position so that it connects to the green gear at the top of the image.
- Cog Column 2. Place another middle piece in the second position so that it meshes with the blue gear at the bottom of the painting.
- Column with gears 3. The third position should remain empty, so just skip it and move on to the next column.
- Column with gears 4. For the fourth position, select the large part so that it connects both parts of the picture and sets the mechanism in motion.
After installing the last gear, the test will end.
< p>Behind the mechanism is a map of the Ordo Favonius Library.
The ever-moving painting: Mondstadt 2
Go to the second booth to the right of the inventor and start the next stage. As in the previous case, it is required to interact with surfaces. Next, we will show you what steps you need to follow to assemble the Mondstadt 2 painting.
- Surface I. Click on «Change Surface», making the selected squares active. Then click on the second plate with the green gear (bottom) so that both surfaces change their position. This way the 2 green pieces will be on top and the blue one will be on the bottom. v-genshin-impact-kak-projti-i-vosstanovit-kartiny-b7d10c5.jpg” alt=”Eternally moving painting: Sacred call in Genshin Impact – how to pass and restore paintings” />
- Surface II. The painting has already been restored to its original state, so there is no need to interact with Surface 2. You can immediately skip to the next step and start placing the parts.
- Column with gears 1. Set the middle part to the first position – this will connect the lower surfaces.
- Cog Column 2. For the second column, select the large part that will connect the 2 gears and set the entire bottom row in motion thanks to the blue part.
- Column with gears 3. Place another big part on the third position so that it combines the 2 green gears at the top and the part from the first column.
After that, all mechanisms will begin to interact with each other.
The card Rassvet Distillery served as a prototype of the mechanism.
The following rewards are given for completing all stages of the event :
- Source Stones x240;
- Tooth of the Arctic Wolf x6.
- Decarbine Wall Fragment x6.
- Lion's Fang Chains x6 .
- Quicksilver Pill x6.
- Brilliant Guyun Stone x6.
- Black Siderite Piece x6.
- Precious Branch of the Outer Seas x6.< /li>
- Other weapon elevation materials from Inazuma and Sumeru, 6 each each species has 3⭐ rarities.
We hope our guide helped restore the paintings in the Ever-Moving Painting: Sacred Call event. If you have any questions, then ask them in the comments, we will definitely answer them. Read the passage of other tests of the Duel event! To the heights of card mastery and follow Genshin Impact guides on our website.
The Always Moving Picture event walkthrough in Genshin Impact in patch 2.8.
Restoring mechanical detail in Genshin Impact 2.8
Go to Felix and select the Restore Mechanical Painting Detail option.
A menu will open with available levels and opening times. Select first level,training will open. It will explain the general rules regarding double sided gears, overlapping parts, etc.
After reading the in-game guide, a field with gears and rods will open. This level can be called a tutorial, since collecting the first painting in the Ever-Moving Painting event is easy. Below is a simplified version of the video, and then we will show each step in more detail:
To restore the mechanism, play from the blue gear: it is already set in motion. The first eternal picture is collected through the bottom level, no need to switch to the top level.
You can use the hint to simplify the task. Click on the Check Mechanical Painting Design button at the top. The system will highlight the required rods and parts.
To restore the details of mechanical picture 1, do the following:
- Set the middle part to position 1. It is selected by default.
- Switch to position 2. Place small detail.
- Activate position 4 and set the large part.
- To sixth position strong> place the remaining middle detail.
The diagram above shows how to restore the painting on the first day.
< p>You can see the step-by-step solution in the screenshots below.
If a mistake has been made somewhere in the process and the mechanism does not work, start again. To do this, click the reset button at the bottom of the screen.
The rewards for the first stage of the event are as follows:
- 60 primogems;
- 30000 mora;
- 3 lion's fang chains.
< img class="aligncenter" src="/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/vechno-dvizhushhajasja-kartina-svjashhennyj-prizyv-v-genshin-impact-kak-projti-i-vosstanovit-kartiny-7f16be9.jpg" alt="The Ever-Moving Painting: Sacred Call in Genshin Impact – how to complete and restore paintings" />
On Day 2, the Second Mechanical Painting will become available. Open the event menu via Felix and select a level.
A window with a new scheme will appear. Here you already have to change the heightgears, since it will not be possible to restore the details of mechanical picture 2 without it.
To change the level, click on the button in the lower left corner. Both levels are shown by default. The gears will be set to the height selected in display mode.
Obviously, the central cog is double. The part on the right belongs to the top level, and the rest, including the moving gear, to the bottom.
You can see the tooltip for the mechanical painting restoration level above.
The step-by-step solution looks like this:
- At position 2, insert the small gear on the lower level. To do this, in the menu at the bottom left, select “View lower level”or switch the location via the Place to Low button if necessary.
- In position 3, put the middle gear on < strong>low level.
- In position 6 set the large gear to top level.
- In position 7, put the middle part on the top level.
At the top you can see a finished diagram demonstrating how restore the details of the mechanical picture 2.
The screenshots above show the step-by-step process of assembling the parts.
If there is anything left if you don't understand, you can watch the video:
The rewards for the second painting are:
- 60 primogems;
- 30000 pestilence;
- 3 fragments of the Decarabian wall.
On the 3rd day, the details of the mechanical painting are as follows.
A new type of gear has appeared here – double-sided . They are the same size as medium (front side) and small (back side), and also connect parts at different levels.
The Blue Moving Gear is on the bottom level, and green on the top. It is to the latter that you need to pave the way in order to restore the detail of the mechanical picture.
The tooltip for the level with numbered positions and their details is displayed above.A total of 5 gears need to be placed on slots 3 to 7. Positions 1 and 2 remain unused.
The step by step solution to the puzzle is as follows:
- In position 3set the small detail to the bottom level.
- At position 5, set the large detail to < strong>bottom tier.
- At position 7, insert middle detail at bottom level.
- In position 6 set the two-sided part. It should turn face upautomatically. If it doesn't, turn it manually using the button next to the reset.
- In position 4, put the middle part on the top level.
Parts can be replaced with similar ones, this will not be a mistake.
A ready-made solution to the mechanical painting 3 detail puzzle is shown above.
The screenshots show step by step assembly of the parts.
Solving the 3rd puzzle on video:
For restoring the details of the third mechanical painting, the rewards are:
- 60 primogems;
- 30,000 mora;
- 3 cracked arctic wolf teeth.
After opening 4 days, this scheme will appear to restore the mechanical painting.
There are 5free positions. There are 3 pre-installed gears here: blue driving, green final and gray – intermediate, which is needed for laying the route.
Green and blue parts are on bottom tier. The Central gear is two-sided, facing up.
System tooltip and mechanical painting detail recovery diagram 4 displayed above. You need to use slots from 1 to 4, the fifth position remains unused.
The step-by-step solution to the puzzle is as follows:
- At position 1, insert the middle gear on the lower level.
- At position 2, place the middle part on the top tier.
- At position 4< /strong> place the large double-sided (gray) part face up as shown in the screenshot using the Rotate button.
- At position 3, place the regular (yellow) large part on the lower level.
Parts can be replaced with similar size and type. Puzzles can have multiple solutions, but only one option is enough to receive a reward.
The finished scheme for restoring the detail of mechanical painting 4 is shown above in the picture.
The screenshots show a step-by-step process of installing gears.
Video guide for 4 days of the event:
For the restoration of a detail of a mechanical painting, 4 awards are as follows:< /p>
- 60 primogems;
- 30000 mora;
- 3 Lion's Fang Chains
You can see the outline of the fifth puzzle below. This time there are only 5 free slots, but there are 8 parts. Two of them are double-sided. Both pre-installed gears are at the bottom level.
The hint and the finished scheme for solving the riddle are shown on the screenshot. The system offers to use all slots except 3.
Step by step the fifth eternal painting is assembled as follows:
- In position 1, place a regular middle gear on the lower tier.
- At Position 2, insert a regular large part at the lowest level.
- At Position 4 strong> set the double sided large gear face up.
- In position 5 put the double sided medium > gear face up.
See the screenshots below for a step-by-step solution.
There can be several correct options for assembling a circuit. This is just one of the ways the game offers rewards.
Above you can see the fully assembled chain. If you still have questions, you can also watch the video:
Passing level 5 gives:
- 60 primogems;
- 30000 pestilence;
- 3 pieces of the Decarabian wall.
Challenge6 days – the last, except for the final quest. Its scheme can be found below.
There are 3 gears pre-installed in this level. The blue one is the driving one, and the other 2 green ones need to be set in motion.
The scheme is complex: there are 7 free slots, and 8 parts. Two of them are double-sided. All starting gears are located on the lower level.
According to the system prompt, you need to use 5 free slots: 3 to 7. You do not need to put parts in positions 1 and 2. Small gears are not used in the puzzle.
Step-by-step solution to the riddle:
- In position 3 set the medium two-sided gear.
- In position 5< /strong> put the regular middle gear on the low level.
- In position 6 insert the double-sided large strong> part and turn it face up.
- In position 7 set simple largegear to the lower tier.
- In position 4, place the regular middle part on the lower tier .
Screenshots of the step-by-step solution can be seen below.
Note the location of the gear in slot 6. In the image, it stands as it should: already upside down.
If you can't assemble the schematic, check out the completed puzzle solution above. Day 6 walkthrough:
Last riddle rewards:
- 60 primogems;
- 30,000 mora;
- 3 cracked arctic wolf teeth.
How to assemble a mechanical painting from parts
After solving the 6th puzzle, a new task will appear in the quest log. To complete it, you need to talk to Felix the Yogi. He will say that now all the assembled parts need to be combined into one big picture.
Go to the event menu. The final 7 puzzle will open automatically. It is different from previous puzzles. The gameplay of this level is more like puzzles: you are given pieces of the image that you need to put together by placing them in the correct position and rotating them with the button next to the reset.
The set of parts is the same, but their position in the menu is individual and varies after each level reset or menu re-entry. For this reason, be more guided by the appearance of each piece of the puzzle and the overall image on the panel.
Above you can see the step-by-step process of restoring a painting, and below you can see < strong>finished result. Insert the image pieces into the appropriate slots and rotate until they are in the same position as in the screenshots.
Don't forget to talk to Felix again. As a reward for completing the entire event, 30 will be given gems, 30,000 pestilence, 3 books of character experience and a decor item.