Treasure Compass Guide: Where to get the tool and how to look for chests.
Don't miss the best Black Friday deals!
< p>The Treasure Compass in Genshin Impact is a special tool that allows you to find chests. Each region has its own compass, which is issued for achieving a certain level of reputation. The item simplifies the search for treasures, not only visible, but also hidden from the player’s eyes, and thereby makes it easier to obtain source stones for exploring territories.
In the article we will tell you how to get the tool, where you can use the Treasure Compass and on what principle it works.
How to get the Treasure Compass in Genshin Impact
In order to obtain a treasure compass, you first need to obtain the corresponding item diagram. The only way to obtain a blacksmith blueprint to create a device is through region reputation rewards. Leveling up occurs by completing orders for monsters, requests from residents, quests and exploring the open world of the kingdom.
A list of all treasure compasses can be found below:
- Anemo treasure compass – Reach level 6 reputation in Mondstadt.
- Geo Treasure Compass – Reach level 6 reputation in Li Yue.
- Electric Treasure Compass – Reach Level 9 Reputation in Inazuma.
- Dendro Treasure Compass – Reach Level 9 Reputation in Sumeru.
- Hydro Treasure Compass – Reach Level 9 Reputation in Fontaine.
How to make a treasure compass
After the blueprint for the desired treasure compass has been obtained, go to the forge of any kingdom and begin creating an item.
The device is reusable, so it can be made only once.
To forge a compass of any region you will need:
- 10 golden raven seals obtained from treasure thieves;
- 50 crystal fragments mined in the open world;
- 50,000 mora.
It will take 30 seconds to make one tool.
In addition to the common ingredients for each device, there are also unique curiosities that need to be added to obtain a compass for a specific region:
- Anemo Treasure Compass – Philanemo Mushroom ×30.
- Geo treasure compass – cor lapis ×30.
- Electric treasure compass – onikabuto beetle ×30.
- Dendro treasure compass – padisara ×30.
- Hydro compass treasure – beryl shell ×30.
How the treasure compass works
All treasure compasses work on the same principle: after use, they briefly release a golden beam in front of the character and indicate the direction of the nearest chest. Move in the direction shown by the device to discover the treasure.
If there is a chest nearby and the compass points to it, it will take30 secondsto reload. If there is no treasure nearby, then the device will only need 5 seconds, after which it will be ready for use again.
The treasure compass can point in any direction, including underground. If the hero is on the surface, but underneath there is a cave in which there is a chest, then there is a chance that the device will be directed towards him. In such cases, pay close attention to the location you are exploring so as not to waste a lot of time continuing to look for treasure somewhere above.
Each device only works in the region to which it belongs. The Geo Compass will show treasures in the underground mines of the Rift, and the Electric Tool can be used in Encanomia.
However, there is a little trick in which a treasure compass from one region can point to a chest from another. If you are located on the border of two territories, and there is a treasure on the side of the neighboring kingdom, the device will point to it, even if the device belongs to the wrong kingdom.
In addition to open chests, the compass can also point to the following treasures:
- located inside the tombs of the depths;
- hidden behind a large pile of stones;
- passed off as small riddles from the bake-danuki in Inazuma;
- locked in stone, vine or ice.
Despite the fact that the treasure compass is a useful tool that helps you quickly close the map, it has a number of limitations:
- the device cannot be used during alternate sprinting (Mons and Ayakas), climbing, gliding, combat;
- the compass does not work on the Dragon Ridge in Mondstadt and in any of the game dungeons;
- The device does not highlight chests received for accompanying fairies, completing time trials, solving puzzles (if the box is not visible in advance), or buried treasure.
When using the Treasure Compass, it is worth knowing its range. It is directly related to the rarity of the chest: the more valuable the chest, the closer you need to be for the compass to point in its direction.
If we are talking about finding a regular chest, then the compass will show the direction to it, even if it is located at a distance outside the mini-map. However, when going in search of a luxurious chest, you should be close enough to it for the tool to work.
How to use the treasure compass
To use the Treasure Compass, open your Inventory and go to the tab“Tools.”Find the device of the desired region and equip it, then go to the place where you plan to look for chests.
Once in the desired location, click on the “Z” button or the item icon in the lower right corner to use the treasure compass. Follow the direction he points in and move in that direction. Try to stand on flat surfaces, otherwise the line of the tool may get under the textures and it will be more difficult to understand where the chest is.
Where to buy a treasure compass
Since the treasure compass is a unique reward for reputation in regions of Teyvat, it is impossible to purchase it anywhere. The only way to obtain it is to create it at the forge after receiving the diagram as a reward.
We hope our guide helped you understand how use the Treasure Compass in Genshin Impact and how to craft the tool. If anything remains unclear, ask questions in comments. Read about hidden chests and follow Genshin Impact guides on our website.